Sunday, February 5, 2017

11 years of all this!

I've lived in Simi Valley, CA for 11 years now; I've done the Surf City Half-Marathon 11 times as well. It has become a tradition on Super Bowl Sunday!

Surf City Half-Marathon, 2017

During my 13.1 miles of ocean views and cool breezes, I was thinking about what other traditions have been created since moving down to CA. Lasagna for Christmas dinner. Arby's in Baker on the way to Vegas. Black Friday all-nighters. Mix tape party favors... I have loved making all kinds of memories here.

Surf City Half-Marathon, 2017

I've also loved the places I've been able to see here. Beaches up and down the coast (Huntington Beach Pier, pictured above), vacations, wine tasting, and of course, a visit to every Old Spaghetti Factory along the way.

To quote Sammy Sosa (sort of), "[California] been very good to me." 

I'm thankful for all the friends I've made and journeys we've been able to go on. I can't wait to see what the next adventure holds...I hope there's a medal at the end of it!

Surf City Half-Marathon, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment