Sunday, February 12, 2017

Five Favorites


This week was pretty special. I was reminded of a few things that make me really happy. 

1. A sunny day walking around a city. I've done this many times in Seattle, just meandering around town. I also find myself exploring downtown Ventura on foot. There's something about the fresh air, sights and smells of stores and restaurants, and knowing I have no place else to be.

Downtown Ventura, 2017

2. Live music, especially when it's acoustic. I love being able to hear the harmonies and perfect imperfections of a live show. I watched Danielle Stacy and The Inside Break play in a tiny little room, filled with art and good people. Oh, and my $10 growler of Topa Topa IPA.

Danielle Stacy at The Artist's Brew, 2017

3. Listening to Congressional Medal of Honor recipients discuss life, war, families, school, and values. Equally impressive were their senses of humor and sound advice.

Congressional Medal of Honor recipients Srgt. Melvin Morris, Lt. Col. Charles Hagemeister, Col. Roger Donlon

4. Clouds. I've always loved watching the fog roll in. I remember long drives in fog so thick you could see it creep up over the hood of the car. I've sat and watched it roll in over the ocean or down a mountain side. I also love when you look up to that blue sky and see those high clouds in all their shapes and textures.

Long Canyon, 2017
Simi Valley, 2017
 5. Friendships. The kind that you see all week (my sister included) and still WANT to hang out with on the weekends.

#thismysquad, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment