Sunday, February 19, 2017

All That February Stuff

I've always liked Valentine's Day. The happy couples, the sharing of love, the conversation hearts... Seriously, I used to* make up stories with my box of hearts. (*"used to" refers to last year's box). Anyway, I was looking forward to the day of hearts this year. I bought cute new leggings, cards to send to my friends. I even made an adorable gift to send up to my favorite little dudes in Washington.

Then February 14th arrived. And my Facebook feed was plastered with happy couples and super sweet status updates. I would normally "ooh" and "ahh" and comment on all the love I saw, but this year I felt something different.

I was angry.

I wasn't angry at my friends for being in love. I was angry that I had wasted so much time pushing people away. I was angry that I had chased after men who I knew were not going to get married. I was angry that I let another person's immaturity and selfishness make me feel like I wasn't worthy of his love.

Because I am worth much more than his love. You get in return what you put out into the world, so perhaps being bold is about putting my heart out there where it's vulnerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment