Thursday, October 23, 2014

Probably the most well-known Simi hike.

Hike #9 Mount McCoy, Simi Valley

One word: Switchbacks. It wasn't tough, just a little dizzying with all the turnarounds! 

I loved the cactus patch at the beginning. I scooched in for a closer pic, so glad my clumsiness didn't join me!

There were shortcuts throughout, but I was taking the switchbacks to get extra steps in. Kept crossing paths with a 74 year old man who has 6 children and 20 grandchildren. His youngest son is 42, and he wishes he had more power left in his legs. (I learned a little about him each time we saw each other...) 

Anyway, reached the top and realized a morning hike here would be much prettier - no shadow to cloud my view!

Still, a couple nice shots. 

And the (obligatory) cross. 

From the base, it seems majestic. Thank you, missionaries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment