Saturday, March 4, 2017

Talking to Strangers

Spoiler Alert: I like talking to people.

There's something to be said about having friendly conversation over the Starbucks counter while the barista makes my Grande Americano in a Venti cup, extra ice, 2%, splenda (in case anyone would like to buy me coffee). Or chatting it up with the bartenders at my local watering hole while sipping on my pint (in case anyone would like to buy my drink).

Barrelhouse 101, 2017

Anyway, all this to say, I meet a lot of new people every week. I learn about them, they learn about me. Sometimes I make up extravagant stories, sometimes I tell the truth (also filled with extravagance). I assume they do the same.

Did I ever tell you about the time I faced a Clone Trooper?

These past couple weeks, I decided to throw my hat...um, heart?...no, HAT back into the ring. (Maybe less of a throw and more of a soft toss.) What I got back was a lot of laughter, a lot of hope, a few free drinks...and repeatedly asked, "How are you still single?"

It made me think.

I know, I know. How could anyone with this amazing shirt be single??

I've been pondering this for days...and came up with nothing. I feel like there are books out there meant to guide me in an answer (suggestions welcome!). For now, I think it means a little more meditative thought, some personal reflection, and maybe a filter on which strangers I converse with.

No comments:

Post a Comment