Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Sand, wet dog, and a full heart.

One of the greatest parts of this Memorial Day weekend was the anticipation!  Ideas rattled around in our heads, lists were made, itinerary posted on a post-it...

Before I say anything more, a moment to remember the veterans who gave their lives fighting for our country.  My heart is full of gratitude; I thank you.  Little tidbit: Memorial Day, then Decoration Day, began 3 years after the Civil War and was a day to decorate the graves of fallen soldiers with flowers.  Why the end of May, you ask?  Because that's when the flowers would be in full bloom.

Hollywood Beach, Oxnard



Between running away from incoming waves and digging for sand crabs, I snapped a few pictures of Maggie being cute.





This pretty girl had a great day splashing through the salty waters of the Pacific Ocean as she chased after her red flying disc (not a Frisbee, because that is copyrighted).  I love the way she'd tumble into the sand and send it spraying up.  And the way she'd take a beeline back to us through the water.









I know Maggie wasn't the only one who had a great time.  Beach time = Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment