Sunday, January 11, 2015

My shoes got dirty...

...so I'm calling it a hike. Well, technically two. 

Santa Susana Park, Simi Valley

There's no better way to finish breakfast at Old Santa Susana Cafe (banana pancakes = deliciousness), than to stroll around this park. If you haven't been, they have the coolest rocks there. I was too busy walking THROUGH them to take a picture, but it's worth seeing.

After going under the railroad tracks, in a very reverberant tunnel, I might add, we hit a trailhead...or a worn down path up some rocks. So neat to watch the clouds moving across the hills!


Sage Ranch, Simi Valley

Fast forward a few hours, and up into Woolsey Canyon we go. The first time I was up here, the sun was setting on Conejo Valley and you could see for miles. There are big rocks, green grass, and 360 views. On a summer day, this is where I'd like to pack a picnic and spend some time with a good book. 



No comments:

Post a Comment